Captured Carbon Limited (CCL) is an energy company established in 2007. The company engages in a number of areas, including:
- Green Energy procurement and auditing;
- Energy Trading;
- Consultancy; and
- Power Purchase Agreement Contract placement and negotiation.
The company is located in Malahide, Co. Dublin, and offers services in Ireland and the UK.
The role is a hybrid role with attendance in the Dublin office required along with remote work.
CCL is seeking to recruit a candidate to work in a database developer position in the company. This will entail development of database and backend solutions to support CCL’s trading and commercial activities. The role will involve the following:
- Creating all database objects such as tables, queries, stored procedures, triggers, indices, constraints, views, and user-defined functions in a SQL Server environment.
- Maintaining and updating existing legacy database functionality.
- ETL and data acquisition development and maintenance from multiple data sources (Webservice, FTP, xml, CSV);
- Design and maintain efficient data structures to store time series data, complex commodity market and industry data, trade transaction data etc.;
- Working with trading team and other software developers to analyse user requirements and deliver database functionality to align with these needs.
Skills & Education required
- Primary Degree in a related field (computer science, STEM);
- 3+ years’ experience in a related role;
- Advanced MS SQL Server experience, including complex stored procedures, functions, query optimization, indexing strategy, etc.;
- Experience with enterprise-scale ETL solutions such as SSIS (Creating packages, automate jobs);
- Experience in a relevant programming language (e.g. Python, C# etc.)
- Knowledge of SOAP and REST webservices
- Experience in BI tools for creating reports and visualizations from large datasets (e.g. Power BI, Tableau etc.);
- Experience in a trading environment, especially in the SEM or GB energy markets.
Job Type: Permanent
Location: Dublin (hybrid working available)
Salary: Competitive based on experience
Benefits: Matching pension contributions
Self-directed training budget
Please email your resume to email@example.com or apply via linkedIn